Monday, January 9, 2012

First Trip To Oklahoma City

I am not a fan of change. I'm sure not many are, when it comes right down to it. But in the event that change is inevitable, I attempt to embrace it as much as possible, especially with an impressionable little one looking to me for guidance and support. So, after a week of unpacking, cleaning, and generally settling in to our new home in Lawton, I was ready to explore a little bit of Oklahoma. We packed the car and headed to OKC for an overnight excursion. Our first stop was the Farmer's Market.

I was expecting fruit and vegetable stands, to be honest. So it was a bit of a shock when The "Farmer's Market" turned out to be more of an antiques shopping center. We continued to explore in the spirit of adventure, and I was pleasantly surprised by the selection of items. It is amazing how your view of antiques changes when you are a photographer. Suddenly every knickknack and thingamabob serves as a potential prop. From a single weathered item, an entire stylized session idea takes form.


January 2012_36-web-blog
Storyboard 1


After making a few purchases, we left and searched for a mall. I have something of a love affair with big, bustling malls, although I generally dislike crowds. Crossroads Mall was a disappointment, but Quail Springs was just big enough.

After shopping, we headed to our room at the Skirvin Hilton. The hotel was absolutely gorgeous, the staff was friendly, and the beds were oh-so-comfortable. After grabbing a take-out dinner from The Cheesecake Factory, we settled in for the night.


January 2012_37-web-blog
January 2012_81-web-blog
January 2012_63-web-blog


The next day was fairly uneventful. We wandered around the hotel and its surrounding so that I could get a few parting shots, then we grabbed breakfast at Cracker Barrel on our way out of town. I am a little disappointed that we didn't visit any landmarks or more "touristy" areas, but we still have several months. Believe me, OK will get its share of featured blogs. Have a great week!


January 2012_100-web-blog
January 2012_94-web-blog
January 2012_92-web-blog


~Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment