It has been easy to get disoriented in the whirlwind of activity of the past few months. Between relocating twice (from Lawton to Killeen, then from Killeen to El Paso), packing, traveling to see family, unpacking, ob-gyn appointments (for the newest addition to the MMU Photography team due in November), and getting settled into a comfortable routine, there has been little opportunity to breathe, let alone keep others updated with the goings-ons, but I am here to try!
When we left Killeen, I took quite a bit of time focusing on my family. I wanted to be sure that our son was comfortable with all of the big transitions (moving to a new house, sleeping in his own room, adapting to a new environment) as well as prepare for the arrival of his sister.
In the midst of the move and all that came with it, I began a gradual restructuring of my business plan. This began with a massive overhaul of my product line and pricing. I drafted packages and ordered samples of products offered. I took a good, hard look at my business and what I wanted to do to make it stand out, as well as how I would be able to maintain the delicate balance of business and family without one overwhelming the other.
Happily, I seem to have found a balance.
The following changes have been made to the MMU Photography product line & services:
- Today (October 1, 2012) through December 31, 2012, MMU Photography will not be taking on new portrait sessions or weddings. Sessions for 2013 may be scheduled during this time, and all requested client orders will be processed as normal.
- All prints (with the exception of wallets) come standard mounted on matboard (gift prints), styrene (standard prints) or foamcore (large prints) to better preserve the quality of your portraits.
- All gift prints (8x10 and smaller) are a flat rate. Details available upon request.
- Packages will debut in the product line (and online shopping carts) November 2012.
- An in-person presentation of images will be scheduled one week after portrait sessions. After the in-person session, an online shopping cart and gallery will available for 14 days for friends and family.
- MMU Photography will resume OpLove portrait sessions and homecomings January 2013. Sessions will be limited to one of each type per month.
- The America's Sweetheart Program (ASP) and bookings of portrait sessions and weddings will also resume in January 2013.
Thank you for your patience and understanding in this time of transition, both professional and personal. I look forward to coming into the new year refreshed and ready to take on the world!