Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Chronicling A Love Story | February 2012 ASP Winner

A very rewarding aspect of being a photographer is getting the chance to document a person's individual journey.  From a senior in high school to a college grad, from an engaged couple to a married couple, from a family expecting a child to a family enthralled with their new little blessing, all of these chapters in life are worth celebrating, chronicling, and sharing for years to come.  So I was thrilled for the opportunity to shoot this beautiful couple's "engagement" session before I photograph their wedding ceremony!

My favorite part about this session was the fact that the bride is a photographer herself.  Sometimes I am self-conscious about my techniques for checking lighting (hand turning in the air) and my requests for my clients to stand, crouch or lay just so.  I always feel the need to explain my actions, but with another photographer, they understand.  They smile and nod and explain to their spouse exactly why I do the quirky things I do.

They are also parents, which made my wrecked car strewn with sippy cups, random packages of Nutri-Grain Bars, and somewhat sticky toys much less of an embarrassment.  During a break for outfit changes, we grabbed coffee and the Bodega Bean in downtown Belton and talked about the wedding and military life.  Altogether, it was a relaxing session with an amazing, very laid-back couple, and at the end of it I was more excited than ever to be a part of their big day.  Congratulations, Nick and Jenn, for being the very first ASP winners and for your upcoming wedding!

IMG_5023-edit-bw copy-fb
IMG_5047-edit copy-fb
IMG_5067-edit copy-fb
IMG_5071-edit copy-fb
IMG_5081-edit copy-fb
IMG_5083-edit-bw copy-fb
IMG_5121-edit copy-fb
IMG_5131-edit copy-fb

No comments:

Post a Comment