Sunday, February 27, 2011

I Heart Face Photo Challenge-Anything But A Face!

This week, we were challenged to enter a photo that does not have a face. I am a picture-taking maniac, so I have my fair share of hand, leg, shoulder, and feet shots. But as I was going through my recent photographs, I had to stop and take a moment when I came across this one. It is a picture of my husband lacing up his boots in preparation for his return to his overseas deployment. He was sitting on the floor of our son's room, amidst the bright, scattered toys. My heart was aching when I took this picture, and I have mixed emotions about it as I look upon it now.


To see other great entries, please visit the I Heart Faces website.

11 comments:

  1. Aww :( This photo also gives me mixed emotions as I see it. My husband also served in the military so I know how those deployments feel. Keep strong!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. This seriously moved me. What an amazing picture! Really love this. And, thank you to your husband for what he does!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing. Thank you and your husband for all that you do. The Lego blocks is what got me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome.... we have a lot of military family where we live and we thank all of you for all that you give up to protect us. Great shot!

    ReplyDelete
  5. you captured perfectly the emotions without a face..great job! and Thanks so much to your husband and his service.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful photo. Thank you for the sacrifice that your family makes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful photo. I know that feeling all too well. I am a wife of a Marine. Thank you to your husband AND you for your service.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow - what a powerful picture. I hope he returns home safely soon.

    Tamar

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is a very powerful image. Wow.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great capture, as a military wife and photographer this brings up several emotions for me. Stopping by from iheartfaces to say hello and now to follow :) Wonderful to meet you and please thank your husband from me for his service.

    ReplyDelete