Monday, December 26, 2011

Wall Art and Candy Shops | Senior Portraits

Believe it or not, in the going-on-17 years that I have lived in Texas, I have never seen downtown Austin in the daylight. 6th Street is a completely different animal at night, and South Congress wasn't even a blip on my radar. So when I began my search for a location for my younger sister's vintage candy shop shoot, I had no idea that a place like Big Top Candy Shop even existed. Well, thanks to Google, I found it, and I decided to take my sister as well as her boyfriend downtown for their senior photo sessions. Man, oh man, had I been missing out.

There is something eye-catching and picture perfect every few feet on South Congress. I passed antique stores, costume and apparel shops, even restaurants that served as eye candy for this doe-eyed photographer. I was in hog heaven, snapping everything from posters to storefronts to streetlights, stopping my clients every twenty feet or so to pose them this way or that. Luckily, they were just as excited about the shoot as I was, despite the constant drizzle of rain, so it wasn't difficult to get them to oblige me.


December 2011_172Edit-bw copy fb
December 2011_186Edit copy fb
December 2011_307Edit-bw copy fb
December 2011_302Edit copy fb
December 2011_311Edit copy fb
Storyboard copy
December 2011_264Edit-BW copy fb
December 2011_232Edit copy fb
December 2011_251Edit copy fb
December 2011_249Edit-BW copy fb
December 2011_228Edit copy fb

No comments:

Post a Comment