Sunday, July 3, 2011

The "S" Family Sneak Peek | Family Portrait

Deployments are hard. I knew this as a child who grew up in a military household. It hits harder now that I have gone through nearly an entire deployment as a military spouse and temporary single parent to a young child. So, when I was contacted me about a pre-deployment session, I was more than happy to work with the "S" family. I know my own family's pre-deployment portraits have gotten me through several low points, and keeping up morale, both overseas and here at home, is crucial.

We met at last in Salado, in 100+ degree weather. I was worried about the heat. They didn't have any such worries. Throughout the session they were at ease; all smiles, laughs, and stories. I couldn't have asked for a more entertaining bunch! I hope that, as they look back on these pictures during the long days and nights apart, they remember how it felt to be all together, beating the heat with sheer determination and optimism.







No comments:

Post a Comment